ICD-10-CM Expert – Physicians
The long-awaited implementation of ICD-10-CM has occurred as the mandated diagnosis code set went into effect on October 1, 2015. That means you will no longer be reimbursed for your organization’s provided healthcare services if you continue to report ICD-9 codes as diagnoses. InHealth Professional Services’ 2019 ICD-10-CM Expert will contain all 68,000+ ICD-10-CM codes and will be in your hands by August 2017. We have developed this ICD-10-CM to make the transition as simple as possible by presenting the codes and related information in a format that is both intuitive and familiar to all ICD-9-CM users.
- Includes all new ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes, deletions and revisions from the most recent (2019) draft code set
- Official ICD-10-CM Coding Guidelines both in the Introduction (in full) and at the code-level and additional guidance aid proper code selection
- 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th-digit required indicators
- Over 100 full-color illustrations facilitate proper code selection
- Includes, Excludes1, Excludes2, Manifestation codes, and Other and Unspecified notes are highlighted at the code level for proper sequencing and specificity
- Medicare age and sex conflict edits ensure that diagnosis codes are age and sex-appropriate for the patient
- Lay descriptions in plain-English highlight critical differences between similar codes and clarify confusing medical terminology
- NEW FEATURE: Hierarchical Condition Category (HCC) indicators at the code level allow for efficient risk-adjustment coding and proper reimbursement.
- Full 4-color anatomical illustrations (not line-drawings or 2-color) at the relevant code/section level that increase understanding of anatomy or other elements needed to make appropriate code selection to reduce denials.
- Full-text of the “Official ICD-10-CM Guidelines for Coding and Reporting” is included in the Introduction (educators’ preference) while code-specific guidance is repeated at the code level (coders’ preference), to facilitate choosing the correct code.
- Not only are the new and revised codes marked by symbols, but we have underlined new text and stricken through deleted text to give the coder additional insight into rationale for the code changes to save time and eliminate confusion.
- Dictionary-style page ranges make locating quick and easy
- Full-color, detailed illustrations facilitate correct code selection
- 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th digit symbols prompt the user to choose the most speciﬁc code
- New contextual placement of the “Official ICD-10-CM Guidelines for Coding and Reporting” Symbol key at the bottom of each page reminds the user of the meaning of coding and billing edits